Thursday 20 June 2013

Interview with Candice Larae in 2009

I remember interviewing Candice in 2009. She is a hot girl and has wrestling skills. Since then she vanished for a while, but I am glad seing her on NWA CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING FROM HOLLYWOOD. In an aside note, good to see her tagging with Allison Danger ( for a reason I still do not know there is heat between them according to many fans). Anyway, wanted to shre this from my old blog. I interviewed in the past Annie Social (days before her shimmer debut, that were shocking as nobody expected it and as a coincidence I asked her if she would be interested in joining Shimmer), Trina Michaels, Wrestlicious Johnny Cafarella and more non wrestling personalities. So here is the interview. Hope to arrange a new one with lovely Candice.Enjoy
NOTE: Back in 2009 Shimmer as the best female wrestlers promotion, now in 2012, with all due respect to Shimmer,  in my opinion, WSU has made it to the top thanks mainly to the Midwest Militia storyline.

Hi guys.. I have just  interviewed Canadian wrestler Candice Lerae. She is a pretty good looking and talented young girl who has wrestled in many indy promotions. If you want to check her myspace profile go here
So here we go:

JC: Candice, I know you were trained by Jesse Hernandez in Southern California. What took a girl from Manitoba to get to California to train to wrestler?
Candice: My parents actually moved into a house in California shortly after I was born  and it is about 20-30 minutes away from San Bernardino where Jesse’s school is located. Going to Jesse’s just seemed like the obvious thing to do.

JC What is the first reaction when you tell someone you are a wrestler?
Candice: No one ever believes me. I’ve even had elder fans that have come up to me after shows and told me I should be more careful and maybe even find a safer hobby! :-)

JC When did you debuted? How did you feel that first match?
Candice: I was fortunate enough to have gotten my debut at EWF (Jesse Hernandez’s Promotion) on August 23, 2003 against a girl by the name of Sexy Starlit. I felt alright after the match. I always think I could do better as a competitor. I did lose, but I had support of the fans and that’s all that really matters.

JC Correct me if I am wrong.
Your favorite wrestlers are Chris Jericho, Puma, Shawn Michaels, rigth? any other? But do you admire any female wrestler?
Candice: When I was young my first inspiration was Macho Man and I thought that someday I wanted to wrestle. Then I became a fan of Shawn Michaels and thought to myself. . . you know what I will be a wrestler one day. I admire Chris Jericho’s work tremendously. A few other names ill throw out there; The Malenko Brothers, Lance Storm, Mr. Perfect, Piper, and Joey Ryan! As far as female wrestlers are concerned there are very few I really saw and just adored, but Molly Holly is my favorite woman wrestler of all time.

JCWho have been your favorite opponents and who would you like to wrestle in the future? there is a match against Awesome Kong for the NWA women’s title. Would you like to challenge MsChif now? since you are listed as a NWA girl will you appear on their show?
Candice: Oh man favorite opponents is a tough one. I have been lucky to wrestle a few different people that made me a better wrestler because of it. Daizee Haze, Joey Ryan, Human Tornado, Chuck Taylor (sexy Chuckie T), Jade Chung and Kitana Vera, Amazing Kong, TJ Perkins, the list could just go on and on. I think its rare for me to not get excited for a match. In the future I would love to wrestle that whole list of people again. I want to wrestle Joey Ryan (again), Daizee Haze, Lacey, Molly Holly, aaaand I think it would be fun to challenge Scott Lost to a duel. I did get to wrestle MsChif once before, but I wasn’t ready for the challenge, but you know hopefully in the near future I shall be!

 Miss Candice Larae would easy be Miss Canada


JCWhat promotions have you wrestled for? where would you like to wrestle?
Candice: I have wrestled for Empire Wrestling Federation, Alternative Wrestling Show, Big Time Pro Wrestling, All Pro Wrestling, I had an opportunity to wrestle “dark amtches” at Ring of Honor, Mach 1 ProWrestling, and of course my favorite Pro Wrestling Guerrilla. There have been others but it was rare one time occasions and what not.

JC Shimmer is the most well known all-female wrestling organization. They have Sparkle matches before their tapings, which they use to evaluate some girls in order to add them to their roster. Would you like to go to them or send Dave prazak a video of your matches, so you can try Shimmer?
Candice:I have actually tried to get a shot at shimmer. However I sent a video to
Prazak at a time when it was very possible I just wasn’t ready. I hope that someday I will get the opportunity to show them what I can bring to the table. We will see. Maybe if people start emailing them requesting to bring me in it may be worth their time.

JCWhy do you think most people don’t take female wrestling so serious? What  do you think should be done to change their minds?
Candice:There are a lot of reasons. In some cases some of the men in the locker room don’t take women seriously so how can anyone expect the fans to.
There once was a time there where there would be a special attraction woman’s match on the show where the women were in singlets and boots and had wrestling matches. Then one day I see the women on TV being used as a sex draw and it turned me off as a young girl. I think it’s possible that because of that the actual idea of women having a MATCH has been skewed.

Candice entering the ring
JC We have seen you as a face and heel. I remember PWG where you were verbally and physically abused by Human Tornado. But you have been "From every men..s dreams and every women’s nightmare" in other promotions. Do you prefer being a heel or face?
Candice:Well I don’t like being abused, but I do like the support of the fans. Im a people person so its hard for me to be so mean to people. But if I feel resentment then its on like donkey kong.

JCHow would you describe your wrestling style?
Candice:“By any means necessary”!!! I like to be well rounded in wrestling. I never know who or what will be thrown my way so id just prefer to be able to do a little bit of it all.

JC What are your finishing moves?
It is the “Raccoon Neck breaker of Death from Doom” also just known as the Raccoon Neck Breaker. You would have to ask Frankie Kazarian for the exact name because I personally cannot remember it word for word. I also can pull out a moonsault from time to time!

JCHave you suffered any major injury?
Candice:Sprained neck. Still hurts to this day!

JC What is life like outside wrestling for you?
Candice:I love life. I am a family person so I enjoy surrounding myself with my nieces and my family. Hopefully I get to have my own little ones someday, but I have a lot of time to be able to go out and enjoy life before that.

JCWWE o TNA?
Candice:Well due to the fact I like Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin so much I will have to go with TNA.

Candice was featured in 
NWA Championship Wrestling from Hollywood

JCThank you so much for agreeing on answering my questions. I hope everything goes as you wish in this year. BTW, you got married, so best wishes at that new stage of your life. How is marriage. hard to get use to?
Candice:I found my prince charming on accident. But I accept it. He sweeps me off my feet what can I say. Actually we aren’t officially married yet! I’m sure when it happens soon though the world will know.

JCWell, thanks again. Anything else you would like to add to the people reading the blog?
Candice:Check out as many independent shows as you possibly can!!! I know some shows are better than others, but please help support the people in the wrestling business and GO SEE MORE SHOWS!!!!
Well guys this was some of Candice and if you want to know more about her check her page. Here you have some videos of her

Also she was part of the great PWG feud between Human Tornado vs Chris Hero. ROH should hire Tornado for the tv show and take that feud to tv, cause it worths. And look Candice ability and physicality






No comments:

Post a Comment